In consideration of permission to use the property, facilities and services of BSDCD Limited (“BSD”), such use including, but not limited to, use of BSD’s facilities or equipment, participation in BSD programs or activities, and observation of any of the foregoing, I, on behalf of myself and my child(ren), hereby acknowledge and agree to the following:
1. Release and Waiver of Liability On behalf of myself, my child(ren) and our respective heirs, assigns, personal representatives, executors and administrators, I agree to waive, release, and forever discharge BSD and its respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, managers, members, affiliates and agents (the “Releasees”) from and against any and all liability resulting from loss or damage, and from and against any rights, claims or demands therefore, which I, we or they have or which may hereafter accrue to me or them arising directly or indirectly out of injury to my person or my property, or that of my child(ren) incurred in connection with my or their use of the property, facilities or services of BSD, whether such damages are caused by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise.
2. Assumption of Risk That I, my child(ren) and our respective heirs, assigns, personal representatives, executors and administrators bear the sole risk of injury resulting from my or their use of the property, facilities or services of BSD and hereby assume full responsibility for a risk of any bodily injury, death or property damage arising from such use, whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise.
3. Indemnification On behalf of myself, my child(ren) and our respective heirs, assigns, personal representatives, executors and administrators, I agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Releasees and each of them from and against any loss, liability, damage or cost they or any of them may incur in connection with my or their use of the property, facilities and services of BSD, whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise.
4. Audio-Visual Waiver I understand that my child may be photographed or videotaped during his/her participation in the activities of BSD, and consent to the reproduction of such photos or videos for advertising and publicity purposes. www.bsd.education I also understand that my child may be recorded during virtual classes, and consent to such videos being used for BSD training and quality assurance purposes. I further understand that virtual class recordings will be kept by BSD for a period of no more than one (1) year from the time of the class for the purpose of training and quality assurance. I retain the right to request that any video recording of my child be deleted by BSD and recognize that videos will be deleted as deemed technologically practicable by BSD.
5. Medical I do hereby verify that my child(ren), to the best of my knowledge, is free from contagious disease, is fully immunized, and is able to participate in the activities of BSD. Therefore, I hereby confirm that my child(ren): (i) has no psychiatric, medical, and/or physical condition or history which would prevent him/her/them from participating in the activities of BDS and/or endanger himself/herself/themselves or others at BSD; (ii) has not been instructed by any physician to refrain from participating in the activities at BSD; and (iii) is physically fit and able to participate in such activities.
6. Medical Treatment In connection with any injury, my child(ren) may sustain or illness or other medical conditions my child(ren) may experience during his/her/their participation in or attendance at BSD, I authorize any emergency first aid, medication, medical treatment, or surgery deemed necessary by the attending medical personnel if I am not able to act on my child(ren)’s behalf. In the event that I cannot be contacted in the event of an emergency, I further hereby grant BSD permission to administer immediate treatment and/or take my child(ren) to a hospital emergency room via ambulance/emergency vehicle. I further authorize the attending medical personnel to execute on my child(ren)’s behalf any permission forms, consents, or other appropriate documents relating to medical attention. I agree to assume all liability for any expenses incurred in such an emergency (transportation, hospitalization, x-rays, etc.). I also understand and agree that BSD will notify me if my child(ren) becomes ill while at BSD, and I will arrange to have my child(ren) picked up immediately from BSD. Further, I waive and release BSD and its owners, officers, directors, employees, agents and independent contractors from any and all liability for personal injuries, illness, loss, or damage to property.
7. BSD Policies and Rules www.bsd.education I understand and agree that my child(ren) must abide by BSD’s policies and rules and the instructions of the BSD organizers, employees, staff, counselors, and volunteers at all times, and that my child(ren)’s failure to do so will result in his/her/their immediate dismissal from BSD. Some of these policies, rules, and instructions are written and some are at the sole discretion of the BSD organizers, employees, staff, counselors, and volunteers; however, it is understood that all policies, rules, and instructions seek at all times to ensure the overall safety of BSD and each of its participants. Furthermore, should my child(ren) fail to behave in an appropriate manner, intentionally harm another participant, exhibit signs of illness, or violate any BSD policy or rule, I shall promptly retrieve my child(ren) when contacted by BSD to do so, or, if I am unable to do so, notify BSD of the person retrieving my child(ren) on my behalf. I acknowledge and agree that no part of the tuition paid will be refunded to me should my child(ren) be dismissed from BSD. I also understand and agree that no reduction or prorate in the tuition will be made for late arrivals, early departures, vacations, illness, or injury.
8. Course Cancellation – BSD has the right to cancel a course. If a course is cancelled, you understand that you may enrol your child(ren) in another course. You agree to be responsible for any costs for the new program that are above the amount paid for the original course. If another course is not available for the same dates, a refund will be issued for all monies paid to BSD for the cancelled course. You understand and agree that if BSD is forced to close a course based on a recommendation by the local Health Services Department (in the case of a communicable disease outbreak, etc.) or due to other acts of nature, you will not be entitled to a refund.
9. Changes, Cancellations and Refunds
- 24 Hour Cancelation: You understand that you have the right to cancel a reservation within 24 hours of the reservation being made. If the cancelation is made within 24 hours of the reservation, you will receive a full refund of all amounts paid for that reservation, including deposit amounts. You agree that all refunds issued to you will be issued nett of any 3rd party payment provider charges incurred by BSD.
- Changes Made More Than 5 days Prior to Session Start Date: You understand and agree that you are, without penalty, able to make changes to your child(ren)’s registration including date or course, so long as the changes are made more than 5 days prior to the start date of the originally scheduled course your child(ren) was registered for. You understand that you will be responsible for any increased charges.
- Changes Made 5 days or Less Prior to Session Start Date: You understand and agree that if you change your child(ren)’s registration less than 5 days prior to the start date of the course for which your child(ren) is registered, you will be responsible to pay a change fee of 25% of the value of your child(ren)’s registered course. NOTE: If a medical emergency occurs less than 5 days prior to the start of the course in which your child(ren) is registered, preventing your child(ren) from attending the course, we will work with you to try to get your child(ren) registered in another course.
- Cancellation: If you cancel your child(ren)’s registration more than 5 days prior to the start date of the course for which your child(ren) is registered, you will receive a refund of 50% of the fee paid for the course or a credit of 100% of the value of the course that can be used towards any future course that you purchase. If your child(ren) cannot attend a session for which they are registered and you do not notify BSD more than 5 days prior to the course session date, it will be considered a withdrawal/no show and you will be responsible for full payment of all fees associated with your child(ren)’s registration for that course, no refund will be due to you.
- Contact Email for Changes or Cancellations: You understand and agree that any changes or cancellations to your child(ren)’s registration will only be valid if made through written request by email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refunds and Make Up Classes: You agree that all refunds will be issued to you nett of any 3rd party payment provider charges incurred by BSD. You agree that refunds will NOT be issued for withdrawals/no shows or cancellations made less than 5 days prior to the start date of the session cancelled or changed. You also understand and agree that refunds and “make up classes” will NOT be issued for missed classes (for any reason), early withdrawal or dismissal due to absences (for any reason) including sickness, behavioral dismissals, power failures, weather, and unforeseeable events not within the control of BSD or other acts of nature. If child(ren) leave a program early for any reason, fees will not be prorated and no refund will be issued, including partial refunds, and no “make up classes” will be provided.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND UNDERSTAND ALL OF ITS TERMS. I SIGN IT VOLUNTARILY AND WITH FULL KNOWLEDGE OF ITS SIGNIFICANCE.
I represent that I am the parent, legal guardian or empowered representative of the minor child(ren) in the registration form with the authority to give this waiver and release, and I hereby agree that both my child(ren) and I shall be bound hereby.
I agree that the foregoing terms and conditions are intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by law, and any terms and conditions set forth herein found by a court to be void or unenforceable shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other terms and conditions. www.bsd.education